Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Blogolitical Sean supports Governor Ted Kulongoski's dual driver's license proposal

This argument should be about nothing more than seeing that every person operating a motor vehicle in Oregon has a valid license to drive and the prerequisite safety instruction that goes with it.

This proposal will make the roads safer for all of us, safer for your children and your mother.

On a related homeland security note, the US Post Office in my Parkrose neighborhood turned me away at the counter when I wanted to rent a PO box.

The three pieces of photo ID I presented weren't good enough: My recently-renewed ODL, good until 2014, my State Capitol ID badge, and my Portland Police Bureau Crisis Response Team ID, which will get me into a crime scene.

The clerk said that there were plenty of mailboxes available. Small wonder.

I feel safer already.

No comments: